What is eOMEGA?
The eOMEGA platform is a logical follow-up of the our long term involvement (more than two decades) in the field of decommissioning planning and costing including the development of unique decommissioning costing codes. The motivation for eOMEGA platform development is to create the decommissioning costing tool taking into account following assumptions:
- fully implemented ISDC structure and methodology to facilitate the harmonization, transparency and benchmarking in the decommissioning costing;
- meet the actual international requirements and trends in costing;
- applicable for any type of nuclear facility (power plant, research reactor, waste management facilities, etc.) with any systems, structures and radiological situation;
- applicable in any phase of the decommissioning planning process starting from very preliminary during construction of the facility up to final planning just before start of decommissioning;
- available to any stakeholder involved in the decommissioning planning;
- flexible, open, transparent, modern and user-friendly environment;
- accessibility via internet and supported by secure internet technologies.
Who is it for?
Nuclear power plants
A nuclear power plant is a thermal power station in which the heat source is a nuclear reactor. As is typical in all conventional
thermal power stations the heat is used to generate steam which drives a steam turbine connected to an electric generator which
Waste management facilities
Waste management is all those activities and action required to manage waste from its inception to its final disposal. This includes amongst other things, collection, transport, treatment and disposal of waste together with monitoring and regulation.
For the clean environment. Nuclear energy is considered to be the almost the cleanest energy and is the cheapest one.
The key factor to this comparison is the quality of nuclear waste processing and storage. Better waste management
means cleaner environment.
Research reactors are nuclear reactors that serve primarily as a neutron source. They are also called non-power reactors,
in contrast to power reactors that are used for electricity production, heat generation, or maritime propulsion.
How the costs are calculated?
eOMEGA uses internationally recommended structure and methodology (joint initiative of OECD/NEA, ISDC, EC) for calculation and presenting the decommissioning costs - ISDC “International Structure for Decommissioning Costing of Nuclear Installations”. For more information please read more about ISDC.
May I have a question?
Of course. In case of any question do not hesitate contacting us. Our email or phone contacts can be found here.